Dedicated to Orthopedic Excellence
Seth Gamradt, MD, is a native of Minnesota and is one of the “Top Doctors” as ranked by US News and World Report. He attended college at Pepperdine University where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with honors in research. Dr. Gamradt then graduated with honors from the Cornell University Medical College in New York City.
His residency training was completed in Orthopedic Surgery at UCLA.
After residency, Dr. Gamradt completed a sports medicine and shoulder surgery fellowship at top-ranked Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. During fellowship, Dr. Gamradt was an assistant team physician to the New York Giants football team. Prior to his appointment at USC, Dr. Gamradt spent many years as a team physician and orthopedic surgeon at UCLA and is a former team physician for U.S. Women’s Soccer.
Dr. Gamradt has a special interest in caring for athletes of all ages and is a team physician and Director of Athletic Medicine for the USC Trojans.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- MD, Weil Medical College of Cornell University, with Honors, New York, NY, US
- BS, Pepperdine University, Magna Cum Laude with Honors in Research
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ), Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- State licensure: California and New York
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- All-Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Stabilization and Labral Repair
- Shoulder Replacement
- Shoulder Fractures
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
- Knee Ligament Reconstruction
- Knee Cartilage Restoration
- Elbow Arthroscopy and Ligament Reconstruction
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIPS
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- The American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES)
- The Association of Clinical Elbow and Shoulder Surgeons (ACESS)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- America's Top Doctors, 2019
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine and Pasadena Magazine, 2019
- 2015 David T. Sisk Award for Best Original Research. Sports Health
- Elected, Association of Clinical Elbow and Shoulder Surgeons, 2014
- Accepted to The American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES), October 2012.
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine Traveling Fellowship, South America, April 2011.
- Nominated for Charles S. Neer Award. American Shoulder and Elbow Society, Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, March 2008.
- Edgar G. Dawson Award for Outstanding Resident Teaching, UCLA Department of Orthopedic Surgery, 2006.
- G. Wilbur Westin Lectures Outstanding Presentation, Shriners Hospital Los Angeles, April 2006.
- Western Orthopedic Association, Resident Research Award, 2005, 69th Annual Meeting, July 20-23, Waikoloa Village, HI
- California Orthopedic Association, Orthopedic Hospital Resident Research Award, 2005, Annual Meeting, May 12-15,Indian Wells, CA
- AAOS Clinician Scientist Development Program, 2004
- Longmire Surgical Society Johnson and Johnson Surgical Research Prize, 2004
- UCLA Orthopedic Surgery Residents’ Representative to AAOS, 2003-2005
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Cornell University Medical College, 2000
- Mark F. Hughes Scholarship, Outstanding 4th Year Student, Cornell, 2000
- Max Kade Fellow of the American Austrian Foundation, Lorenz Boehler Krankenhaus, Vienna, Austria, 2000
- Outstanding Biology Student, Pepperdine University Class of 1996
- Outstanding Research Student, Pepperdine University Class of 1996
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholar, 1995
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Dr. Gamradt has been involved in both clinical and laboratory research for over 20 years and is the author of numerous peer-reviewed research articles, book chapters, and presentations.
9033 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
1520 San Pablo Street
Los Angeles, CA 90033
USC Healthcare Center
830 S. Flower Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
1031 West 34th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90089